Thursday, September 02, 2004

EZ Reading

Well, I decided it is never going to get easier to find time to do this so I will just jump in. I have finished just a few books since having Jackson. The first was Amy Tan's The Opposite of Fate. This was a series of essays so it was perfect for reading while taking care of a baby. I have also read Running With Scissors and another one that I can't remember right now. By far the best book I have read recently is Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Demin by David Sedaris. Very funny.

Right now I am tackling a hard (non-fiction) book by Christopher Hedges, a writer with the New York Times. The book is War is a Force that Gives Us Meaning. It is part of a campus-wide effort to have everyone read the same book and to hold discussion groups, etc. We just got a grant to bring the author here in the spring. It is actually a cool idea but I have been reading for a week and I am not out of the introduction yet. I think I may have to read the Albom book first to get me warmed up.

1 comment:

ez said...

OK, since Adrienne didn't even have her email in the adminsitration section I put mine in and I will set up a macro to mail to all of us when a comment is put up.

If you go into settings and members you can set yourself up as a member. This added the amazon readers to my dashboard so I can easily call it up. I don't know what the other advantages of membership are yet.