Thursday, October 07, 2004

Half of Book, not really better than none

I have still been reading half books. I read half of James Patterson's When the Wind Blows. Its about children with wings, too fanciful for me. Then I read half of Sue Grafton's P is for Peril. Story wasn't bad but too much description. Every time she entered a room or turned a corner there were three paragraphs about what she was looking at. I stopped caring. Now I am halfway through a book called Ransom by Julie Garwood. Takes place in England and the Highlands during the time of English King John A bit of fluff but it still has my attention and I will probably finish it. I think Kathy might like it. I wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't read or doesn't own some Julie Garwood books. She has written a Rose Trilogy of One Pink Rose, One White Rose and One Red Rose. I might seek them out.

1 comment:

KathrynVH said...

You guessed it--I read Ransom when it came out in hardback (Jim had it for his wife and she let me read it first.) I don't like Garwood as much as Roberts, but I've read all her books.