Thursday, January 13, 2005

Persuasion

Last weekend, there was nothing on tv, so I went to my bookshelf and tried to find something to read. I was thinking about Jane Austin, but I've read all her stuff and I was looking for something new. But nothing was jumping out at me so I picked up a collection of Jane Austin and found Persuasion. I couldn't remember what it was about, so I started reading. I didn't remember reading it at all. I know that I've read them all, because I particularly remember being so disappointed that there weren't anymore. I'm wondering if I've gotten to the age where my memory is a whole lot shadier, so that I can read all my old standbys over again as new. BTW Persuasion was a great book, though I did go back and forth being thrilled with the language and intricate paragraphs and being bothered by how tedious one sentence could be to get through when I wanted to know what happened next, right now. It's hard to read, but so worth it in the end. Not quite as good as Pride and Prejudice, but close.

No comments: